Kaunas Municipal Vincas Kudirka Public Library, founded in 1925, is the main library of Kaunas, second largest city in Lithuania. It is one of the oldest municipal public libraries in Lithuania. During long years of existence, the library has repeatedly changed its premises and name. The library was opened in the current premises in 1960. In 1988 it regained the original name of Vincas Kudirka. During 93 years, the library has changed and grown. Now the library consists of five functional departments, which were set up after centralization of public libraries, and 20 branch libraries, located in the different areas of the city.
Main activities of the library include service of readers, fund completing, information services, cultural education and project arrangement and implementation. Kaunas Municipal Vincas Kudirka Public Library has around 44000 registered users and this number is consistently growing. Library organises cultural events, meetings with writers, exhibitions, various lectures and courses. ICT is very important in library activities. Kaunas Municipal Vincas Kudirka Public Library allows its users to use computers and laptops, tablets and E-Book Readers.